EDCompanion uses Google Play Services and Firebase which are covered by their own privacy policies:
When using the application, the server used by the application may collect the following data as logging data:
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) address
- User-agent of the application (application version, device name and operation system version) These logs are only used to better diagnose errors and for monitoring purposes.
When using the commander feature of the application, you may connect to different services: Frontier, EDSM or Inara.
When Frontier authentication is used this application inevitably receives:
- Frontier ID: your unique ID for this system
- Name: the real name specified in your account
- Email: the email address associated with your account
- Platform: whether this is a Frontier account, XBox, Playstation or Steam. The ‘Authorized Applications’ lists all the Clients (applications) you’ve authorised to request data on your behalf.
The application does not process, transmit elsewhere, or store any of this information. They are transmitted to EDCompanion due to the design of the login system. Only a login token and your commander name are stored locally on your device and are only transmitted when calling the Frontier API to fetch your commander informations.
When EDSM authentication is used the application needs to store :
- Your commander name on EDSM
- Your EDSM API key These informations are stored locally on your device and are only transmitted when calling the EDSM API to fetch your commander informations.
When Inara authentication is used the application needs to store :
- Your Inara API key This API key is stored locally on your device and is only transmitted when calling the Inara API to fetch your commander informations.
For more informations about the privact policy, help on how to delete the data stored locally by EDCompanion or more informations about EDCompanion connect to Frontier, Inara or EDSM you can contact me at email@example.com .